50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Week Ahead

Is anyone getting disgusted with General Hospital lately?

Writing this blog used to be such an enjoyable escape for me but the last few weeks it has felt like a chore. What on earth are the writers on GH thinking about?

The other day I sat here and tried to think about one character that I actually still care about. And I thought about it. And thought.

I was hard-pressed to come up with a character that I still care about.

The storylines have become so ridiculous, predictable and annoying that I am losing interest. Sad but true. I have been a die-hard fan for a LONG time but lately the commercials are more entertaining.

Sonny is a joke of a mob boss. The whole storyline between Nina and Silus is so predictable and although I like Michael Easton I wouldn't care if Nina managed to win/trick him back into her life and they leave Port Charles forever.

Sam used to be a tough girl but now she has allowed herself to feel bad about her relationship with Silus and even though she knows Nina is up to shenanigans she isn't doing anything to fight for her man.

Ever since the re-cast of Lulu we have watched the character transform into a whiny, self-absorbed brat. Dante is staying pretty true to character and shows he truly is Sonny's son. (no gonads)

The Nikolas/Elizabeth almost pairing is getting old. Now with Dr. Obrecht helping Britt to win Nikolas back through some kind of trickery, well, WHY is she even still on this show???

We got teased into an almost happily ever after for Robin and Patrick and then she up and left. We thought maybe there would be a second chance with Sabrina and Patrick and then they cruelly kill off their baby? Why?

We got Duke back which I guess we should be thankful for. The whiney Duke that returned after being held captive finally left and a tough guy Duke emerged. Hooray for that but Anna needs to remember that she was a spy and a pretty good one because as the chief of police she stinks!

Oh I could go on but I will end this rant here.

Next week (and the weeks to come) look for the truth about who is masquerading as Luke to finally be revealed. There is an end coming to the Julian/Sonny rivalry. Maxie is finally going to figure out that Levi is bad for her. The truth about AJ will come out also. It promises to be a summer full of surprises and endings to drawn-out stories.

What are your comments and thoughts about what's going on in Port Charles?

No comments:

Post a Comment