50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Return of the Soaps!

General Hospital remains my favorite but I have to admit that I am curious to see the return of All My Children and One Life to Live.

Resurrecting these two daytime dramas is something that many daytime fans never thought would happen. When ABC cancelled AMC and OLTL fans were outraged and even with boycotts ABC did not back down and reverse their decision.

In my house the replacement shows were not watched. In my thinking we have options like the Food Channel if you want to see stuff like "The Chew". Who needs another talk show anyway?

Daytime dramas have been around for decades and although some would argue that their time has passed, there are tons of soap fans who disagree.

Being able to watch whenever you want thanks to the dvr and Soap Net has kept daytime drama alive. Now we enter into a new generation with Prospect Park.

I admit that I have never used Hulu or iTunes to view any television show but I am sure excited about the prospect of doing so. I am tempted to use my iPhone at work when I need a soap fix. MUST resist that urge!!!

So who is going to tune in tomorrow to see the launch of the new All My Children and/or One Life to Live?

I'll be reviewing it in a special blog post after I catch you up on the goings on in Port Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment