50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

Friday, February 1, 2013

Vampires Killed Port Charles- A Commentary

This week Steve Burton made his first appearances as "Dylan McAvoy" on the Young & the Restless. Many fans of the actor who portrayed Jason on GH for 20 years have followed him over to Y&R and meanwhile in Port Charles, the storylines have turned to vampires.

Soap fans might remember the short-lived General Hospital spin-off "Port Charles" that had a storyline about vampires. It was ridiculous and helped to kill off that 30 minute daytime drama.

My question (and I am sure other daytime fans conquer) is WHY are the writers taking the show down this road???

With the 30th anniversary of GH coming in April, I understand the bringing back of old characters but to do so with this ridiculous storyline just under-minds the intelligence of the viewers. It also, quite frankly, turns many of us off.

As a daytime television fan who works during the day, I watch GH at night and then do my daily updates. This storyline involving Lucy Coe (NEVER one of MY favorites) and John and Sam irritates me so greatly that for weeks I haven't even been touching upon it.

This past week it has been tough to even watch it. Although it is fun to think about how in another soap life the actors who portray Sam and John were lovers on Port Charles, many of us have grown to love them as Sam and John and with Jason's apparent demise we are rooting for them as a couple. All this vampire garbage is going to do is ensure that General Hospital will suffer the fate that the other ABC daytime soaps did.

As a faithful fan I am hanging in there, trying my darndest to ignore this nonsense but I fear that the vampire story will take over.

We have AJ back, a possible love connection between him and Elizabeth, drama with Maxie/Lulu and Dante and so much more on the horizon. Why are the writers taking us down this road???


Leave your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment